Student dies, three critical after consuming pickle

Nayagarh: In a tragic incident, a Class VIII student died while three of his friends, including two girls were rendered critical after they consumed tamarind pickles Tuesday.

According to reports, Rajesh Parida had brought the pickle from his home. After the classes were over, he offered the pickle to his friends and also consumed it himself.

The four fell unconscious and were rushed to Pandusar community health centre where Rajesh succumbed. The three other children were shifted to Bhubaneswar as their condition deteriorated.

Sources said, the pickle was prepared two years back and stocked in a tin container because of which it was contaminated. Nayagarh police have registered a case and investigating further.

 

PNN

RELATED Badri’s son Debasish produced in court